[wiaattorneys] Re: TAA Training Costs

  • From: Robert Roux/LDOL <RRoux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jalbin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <wiaattorneys@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 09:15:31 -0600

Louisiana does not have a cap on TAA training.  We do, however, scrutinize
each eligibility requirement and ensure the cost is reasonable, in high
demand, and doesn't exceed the time limits the participant draws TRA. We've
been pretty effective in weeding-out the airline pilots.

Robert J. Roux
Attorney 3
Louisiana Department of Labor
tel:  (225) 342-1690
fax: (225) 342-7596

Do your states put any cap on TAA training costs beyond the "reasonable
cost" limitations of 20 CFR 617?

Sorry if you are getting this question twice, but I accidentally sent the
original email via the old UMass list serve and I am not sure if it is even
in service anymore.

John H. Albin
Agency Legal Counsel
Nebraska Workforce Development