[wiaattorneys] Re: TAA Training Costs

  • From: "Mason, Paul (LABOR)" <Paul.Mason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jalbin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <wiaattorneys@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 10:48:18 -0500

We have had a cap on training costs for years.  It used to be $20,000
but is I think it is now $15,000.  We actually have a case pending the
Appellate Division involving a cap.  The issue, however, relates to the
provision of the regulations which allow the state to deny training if
the same training can be provided at similar costs.  The individual
originally requested training for a program that was above the cap but
was reduced to 19,999 by the college.  The problem was that another
State college cost less than a third that amount.  Has anyone had a
similar case involving a denial when a one program is substantially less
expensive than another?
Paul Mason
Associate Attorney
State Office Campus
Building 12, Room 509
Albany, NY  12240
phone: (518) 457-4380
fax:   (518) 485-1819
paul.mason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:paul.mason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

This transmission may contain confidential or privileged information,
which is intended for use by the individual or entity to whom it is
addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of
this transmission or its attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you
have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender
immediately at the above address and delete the transmission and its
attachments.