[wiaattorneys] Re: TAA Training Costs

  • From: "Nancy Meeden" <Nancy.Meeden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wiaattorneys@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 17:15:24 -0500

In Georgia, we consider $10,000 total TAA funds a reasonable cost.  This
includes cost of training, relocation assistance, out of area job
search, travel/subsistence if it is approved, and any other Trade
allowable expense.  We expect customers to apply for HOPE and Pell as
part of the financial package.  WIA can pay additional costs above this
if the training is in a demand occupation and there is no other training
vendor that offers the training at a lower cost.

Nancy Meeden
Career Development Services
Ga Dept. of Labor

>>> "RAMESH THAMBUSWAMY" <THAMBR@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 12/06/05 10:43AM

Ohio has no cap.

>>> "Sandronsky, Vera@EDD" <VSandron@xxxxxxxxxx> 12/5/2005 7:38 PM >>>
California has a $10,000 cap on all TAA approved training programs.
This
cost includes all fees, books, tuition, job search and relocation
allowances, and transportation and subsistence allowances.

Confidentiality Notice:  This communication with its contents may
contain
confidential and/or legally privileged information.  It is solely for
the
use of the intended recipient(s).  Unauthorized interception, review,
use or
disclosure is prohibited and may violate certain applicable laws
including
the Electronic Communications Privacy Act.  If you are not the
intended
recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the
communication.

Vera Sandronsky
EDD Legal Office
(916) 654-8410