[wiaattorneys] Quick question

  • From: Robert Roux/LDOL <RRoux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "WIA Attorneys List" <wiaattorneys@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 15:50:32 -0600

Jane, hereâs a response from one of our WIA program supervisors:

 La. does not address this issue except for prohibitions (under our ethics
law) concerning subcontractors from serving on the WIB if the WIB approves
contracts.  The law allows for this by stating the provider recuse
themselves from voting.  I would suggest the same is true in the case of
the selection of training provider, as this is a case management issue with
the participant making an informed selection from a list of all available
providers.  Since the WIB approves the ETPL not the Title 1 provider, if
the local board has representation from the provider sector other that the
Title 1 provider, any potential conflict should be prevented.  This also
demonstrates the need for a clear statement of priorities in training and
methodology for selection of providers with documented back-up.

Robert J. (Rob) Roux, Attorney 3
Louisiana Department of Labor
1001 N. 23rd Street
Baton Rouge, LA 70802