[wiaattorneys] Re: Personal Liability for Payment of UI Taxes

  • From: "Milwee, Michael (DOES)" <Michael.Milwee@xxxxxx>
  • To: "'JGannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <JGannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, wiaattorneys@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:14:07 -0500

The District of Columbia has a statute, DC Code Title 51-104(n) that pierces
the veil for corporations having less than 35 shareholder. We also have a
criminal statute, DC Code Tile 51-119(b), that makes corporate officers
criminally liable for failure to pay taxes. We actually haven't used either
of the in the time I've been here...-Michael Milwee,DC Dept Employment
Sercices