[wiaattorneys] Funding For WRIS Administration Stopped

  • From: "Bervid, Joseph [IWD]" <Joseph.Bervid@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wiaattorneys@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 15:28:53 -0500

Hello everyone,  I just got the letter from Rich Hobbie dated July 20
saying NASWA WRIS funding would end and another organization would
administer WRIS.  I really don't understand the need for change.  Does
anyone know who the new entity would be?  The letter raises the legal
issue as to whether states can enter into other WRIS agreements since
the NASWA agreement makes NASWA the sole source agent and prohibits
separate agreements with other WRIS states?

An Equal Opportunity Employer/Program
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request for individuals with
disabilities.