[wiaattorneys] FW: WorkKeys testing

  • From: "Bervid, Joseph [IWD]" <Joseph.Bervid@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wiaattorneys@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 15:27:59 -0600

________________________________

From: Immerfall, Craig [IWD]
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 2:32 PM
To: Bervid, Joseph [IWD]
Subject: WorkKeys testing

When using WorkKeys we have always told employers that test results
cannot be used as the sole criteria for selection and that other factors
such as education, experience, references, etc, must be given equal
weight.  IWD's test administrators have all been instructed to comply
with DOL's Uniform Guidelines on Employee Selection Procedures as they
relate to testing.  These procedures state "Whenever a State employment
agency or service does no more than administer or monitor a procedure
(assessment) as permitted by Department of Labor regulations, and does
so without making referrals or taking any other action on the basis of
the results, the State employment agency will not be deemed to be a
user."
When IWD gives WorkKeys tests the employer provides us with a list of
names of individuals they want tested.  After scoring the tests we send
the scores of ALL applicants back to the employer for their
consideration.  IWD is not making the decision or making referrals on
who to test nor are we making the decision on which individuals to refer
back to the employer.  We are only administering and monitoring the
testing procedure.

An Equal Opportunity Employer/Program
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request for individuals with
disabilities.