[wiaattorneys] Re: FW: WIA question

  • From: "Cindy Naiditch" <cnaiditch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Joseph.Bervid@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <wiaattorneys@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 16:32:52 -0500

Hi, Michael

We are the WIB and are a 501(c)(3).  For 4 years, we accepted outside
money directly to cover a "computer in every school" initiative started
by the former Governor.  The funds did not go through our fiscal agent
(NHDOL).  Our fiscal agent auditors told them that they should be
performing oversight of ALL of our finances and operations, not just
those dollars that pass through them.    That could be an individual
auditor opinion (KPMG), but that's what happened up here.   It wasn't a
big thing because it was a contained program....but if it had been an
ongoing thing, I bet our fiscal agent would have been a little more put
out by the idea.

Cindy Naiditch