[wiaattorneys] Re: Eligible Training Providers

  • From: "John L. Yeary" <jyeary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Paul.Mason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <wiaattorneys@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 10:49:01 -0500

Paul -

I can think of two similar hearings we've held in Kansas under the WIA
complaint and grievance procedures.  In both, the local areas involved were
able to prove that participants were not being inappropriately steered away
from the complaining training providers.  I think the issue is appropriate
under the broad WIA language.  In one of the cases the complaint alleged
protected-class discrimination where the owner of the training provider
entity was African American.

John Yeary

Deputy Chief Attorney

Kansas Department of Commerce