[wiaattorneys] Re: Disallowance hearing rules

  • From: "Sante Perrelli" <perrellis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "John Albin" <jalbin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Paul.Mason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 08:55:05 -0400

I am not so convinced that there is no appeal to the feds following a state
determination.  20 CFR 667.610(2).   I also think that whether a state's
administrative procedures act (i.e., contested case hearings) applies is a
state law question.  I don't believe that WIA requires (or perhaps could
require) that a state utilize its full contested case hearing processes to
resolve disallowance appeals.

Sante

>>> John Albin <jalbin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 5/3/2006 11:14:17 PM >>>
I would concur with Bob and Paul.  I think if the administrative decision is
appealed, it is appealed to the state courts.  I don't know that it is all that
dissimilar to the situation when TAA/TRA eligibility decisions get appealed to
the state courts, although the federal regulations specifically prescribe the
appeal process in Trade cases.

John H. Albin
Agency Legal Counsel
Nebraska Workforce Development