[wiaattorneys] Re: Disallowance hearing rules

  • From: "Mason, Paul \(LABOR\)" <Paul.Mason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <BruceT1@xxxxxxxxxx>, <wiaattorneys@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 18:13:47 -0400

There was a presentation at the WIA Attorney Workgroups at last year's
annual meeting in which the whole Audit Resolution and Hearing Process
was discussed.  I think Florida and Indiana provided their procedures
and presented the issues.   I think you are correct that there is no
appeal to Regional Office similar to the ES Complaint Process
regulations.  The regulations allow states to use a process set up for
federal programs so it is fairly open-ended.  I think Sooni in Florida
raised a concern about being bound by their State administrative
provisions which have a similar appeal to the state court system.  The
New York State Department of Labor has a separate set of regulations for
programs not specific to programs such as UI.  I am curious to see if
you have gotten other responses.

Paul Mason
Associate Attorney
State Office Campus
Building 12, Room 509
Albany, NY  12240
phone: (518) 457-4380
fax:   (518) 485-1819
paul.mason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:paul.mason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

This transmission may contain confidential or privileged information,
which is intended for use by the individual or entity to whom it is
addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of
this transmission or its attachments is strictly prohibited.  In
addition, unauthorized access to this transmission may violate laws,
including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1985.  If you
have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender
immediately at the above address and delete the transmission and its
attachments.