[wiaattorneys] Re: Criminal Background Check-Need some infofor tomorrow morning

  • From: "Nancy Meeden" <Nancy.Meeden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wiaattorneys@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<jpomerantz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 14:51:06 -0400

Jane:

We have done this with our work experience activities for TANF customers.

We have the checks conducted if the worksite requires a background check  for
the position, such as a daycare worker.

Since the customers are on TANF, TANF will pay for the process.

If you just go thru the local law enforcement agencies, the cost is around $50.
We have had some private companies who have offered to do it as well - but at a
 higher cost.

I checked with the person who coordinates our youth summer activity, and it
does not appear that we place youth in positions that require background checks.

Nancy Meeden
Ga. Dept. of Labor
(404) 232-3797

>>> "Pomerantz, Jane C. (GC-LI)" <jpomerantz@xxxxxxxxxxx> 05/09/06 02:08PM >>>
Has anyone dealt with the issue of requiring criminal background checks
and/or child abuse registry clearance for individuals in the workforce
development system and have direct contact with youth?  Also how do you
deal with WIA youth who are doing summer interns at private and not for
profit employers?

Need a quick answer so anything you can give me is a bonus.

Thanks JP

Jane C. Pomerantz
Deputy Chief Counsel
Department of Labor & Industry
Phone: 717-787-4186
Fax:     717-787-1303

Wisdom is knowing the right road to take.
Integrity is taking it.
GDOL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This transmission may
contain confidential information protected by state
or federal law.  The information is intended only for
use consistent with the state business discussed in
this transmission.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or
the taking of any action based on the contents is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this transmission
in error, please delete this email and notify the sender
immediately.
Your cooperation is appreciated.