[wiaattorneys] Re: Can we release names of minors in youth programs

  • From: "Pomerantz, Jane C. \(GC-LI\)" <jpomerantz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sharlan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 15:50:25 -0400

I don't know what is in your state disclosure/foia/right to know act but
how about this? Section 185(a)(4)(B)(i).

SEC. 185. REPORTS; RECORDKEEPING; INVESTIGATIONS.

(a) Reports.--

                    *                    *                    *
*

4) Availability to the public.--

            (A) In general.--Except as provided in subparagraph (B),

        records maintained by such recipients pursuant to this

        subsection shall be made available to the public upon request.

            (B) Exception.--Subparagraph (A) shall not apply to--

                (i) information, the disclosure of which would

            constitute a clearly unwarranted invasion of personal

            privacy; and

                (ii) trade secrets, or commercial or financial

            information, that is obtained from a person and privileged

            or confidential.

            (C) Fees to recover costs.--Such recipients may charge fees

        sufficient to recover costs applicable to the processing of

        requests for records under subparagraph (A).