[wiaattorneys] Re: Can we release names of minors in youth progra ms

  • From: "Milwee, Michael (DOES)" <Michael.Milwee@xxxxxx>
  • To: "'sharlan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <sharlan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, wiaattorneys@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 17:03:40 -0400

Sarah--the DC FOIA has the same personal privacy thing that someone else
mentioned. I think the idea of identifying folks as participants in
government relief type programs is a violation of personal
privacy....particularly ones that are means tested. If all your lists are
intertwined, you might be able to argue that there is no list that doesn't
have a privacy issue and you have no obligation to try and create one,
though I think this is a weak argument and think that a personal privacy
issue by itself is probably stronger, particularly if there is some Md
statute about identifying minors at all.--Mike Milwee, DC