[wiaattorneys] 2007 ANNUAL MEETING OF WIA ATTORNEYS' WORKGROUP

  • From: "Bob Simoneau" <Bsimoneau@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "WIA Attorneys List" <wiaattorneys@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 13:46:32 -0500

SAVE THE DATES!!!  May 30 - June 1, 2007

This is a "Save the Date" announcement for this year's Annual Meeting of
the WIA Attorneys' Workgroup.  The meeting is planned for Wednesday, May
30, through Friday morning, June 1, 2007, in downtown Denver, Colorado.
We have not yet prepared a draft agenda or lined up speakers.  Margaret
Dawkins (OK) and John Albin (NE) are the co-chairs and I will be working
with them to set up an agenda- planning committee.  All suggestions are
welcome.  You will be hearing more about this conference in the coming
weeks.

As you know Maria Colavito did incredible work with - and for - the
NASWA  WIA Attorneys' Workgroup.  Maria was employed by NASWA as a
consultant, primarily for the WRIS project.  With the loss of the
contract from ETA for WRIS, Maria is no longer working for us.  She is
pursuing a position with the new administration in New York.   With that
change, I am assigned to be your staff liaison and will be planning the
meeting, etc.  I'm sure I won't be able to meet Maria's high level of
expertise (and attention to detail), but I'll do my best - with your
assistance and patience.

Please plan to attend the conference.  I know you will not be able to
make travel plans until you get more information, but hopefully, if you
mark the meeting on your calendar, it will raise the chances of being
able to attend.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

Bob

Bob Simoneau
NASWA