[whpva] rule change proposal - CALL for VOTE

  • From: Edgar Teufel <edgar.teufel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: whpva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 21:07:15 +0200

Dear members of the WHPVA board,

I hereby call you to vote on the following rule change and to make it effective immediately (rather than after November 1st):

*3.2.7.1 Helmets: All riders shall wear helmets during all competition. **
**Helmets must meet the standards of a nationally accredited testing facility.*

For your convenience I add the existing rule:

3.2.7.1 Helmets: All riders shall wear helmets during all competition.
Helmets must meet the standards of a nationally accredited testing facility of any WHPVA member country.

As you can see, the difference is that we omitted "of any WHPVA member country".

Reasoning:
The existing rule is too restrictive for no value. In particular it excludes helmets tested against the stringent SNELL norm as the USA are not member of the WHPVA. The RRC of the WHPVA agrees, that the new rule should be effective before this year's world championship.

Please vote by replying to this email indicating clearly if you ACCEPT or REJECT the proposed rule change or if you want to ABSTAIN from the vote. The voting period ends on July 6th, 2018

Kind regards

Edgar