[wgdrmusic] Fwd: DMB, Lollapalooza, Destination Concerts and More

  • From: "WGDR Music Department" <wgdrmusic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wgdrmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 22:40:04 -0400

[
http://cl.exct.net/?ju=fe1e1673716c0d79721177&ls=fe0013717061027c74177077&m=fefe1373716407&l=fe631575716106797214&s=fdee157575630274731d7271&jb=ffcf14&t=
]forward this email to a friend :: - :: [
http://cl.exct.net/?ju=fe1d1673716c0d79721178&ls=fe0013717061027c74177077&m=fefe1373716407&l=fe631575716106797214&s=fdee157575630274731d7271&jb=ffcf14&t=
]view this email as a web page :: - ::  [
http://cl.exct.net/?ju=fe1c1673716c0d79721179&ls=fe0013717061027c74177077&m=fefe1373716407&l=fe631575716106797214&s=fdee157575630274731d7271&jb=ffcf14&t=
]unsubscribe from this publication

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

        [Image]

[
http://cl.exct.net/?ju=fe241673716c0d79721270&ls=fe0013717061027c74177077&m=fefe1373716407&l=fe631575716106797214&s=fdee157575630274731d7271&jb=ffcf14&t=
][Image]

[
http://cl.exct.net/?ju=fe231673716c0d79721271&ls=fe0013717061027c74177077&m=fefe1373716407&l=fe631575716106797214&s=fdee157575630274731d7271&jb=ffcf14&t=
][Image]

DAVE MATTHEWS BAND

Our next issue, out next week, features the definitive story about where
the Dave Matthews Band finds itself after the death of founding member
LeRoi Moore and supporting the release of its new, Big Whiskey and the
GrooGrux King which came out June 2nd. Here's a sneak peek at what drummer
Carter Beauford and bassist Stefan Lessard have to say about the band's
latest effort in light of its two previous ones:

"We had our backs to the wall, because we had a whole record the Internet
swallowed up [the bootlegged Lillywhite Sessions], so we decided to have
emergency time with Glen Ballard," says Beauford. "So him and Dave put
some cool stuff together, and had us pretty much play note for note what
they had done. We kind of had to do that, because we needed to get that
record out."

Beauford's a great apologizer, but he won't have to put that humble skill
set to use for Big Whiskey. "This particular record, probably more than
any other, I was able to really get in and knock some heads." He chuckles.
"No pun intended."

Stefan Lessard: "Not that there's anything wrong with the way we
experimented with Stand Up or Everyday, but there was a disconnect that
you're only so proud of it because you weren't there for the whole
process. But there's a richness to this record I feel like we haven't had
in 10 years.

"When you fall in love with a band's records, it's really hard to
necessarily keep that love growing, because you've always had a record
that's been your favorite. I'm that way with The Joshua Tree and U2. I
know a lot of people feel that way about Before These Crowded Streets. But
our fan base is such a wide variety from young to old, that those fans who
are younger, whose parents are fans of ours, need a record like that,
something that they can really kind of be like, 'This is for us.'"

To get your issue, please join us here: [
http://cl.exct.net/?ju=fe231673716c0d79721271&ls=fe0013717061027c74177077&m=fefe1373716407&l=fe631575716106797214&s=fdee157575630274731d7271&jb=ffcf14&t=
]www.relix.com/joinus

WIN A TRIP TO LOLLAPALOOZA!

[
http://cl.exct.net/?ju=fe221673716c0d79721272&ls=fe0013717061027c74177077&m=fefe1373716407&l=fe631575716106797214&s=fdee157575630274731d7271&jb=ffcf14&t=
] [Image]

Enter to win a weekend at Lollapalooza featuring Depeche Mode, Tool, The
Killers, Jane's Addiction, Beastie Boys, Kings of Leon, and many many
more!

[
http://cl.exct.net/?ju=fe211673716c0d79721273&ls=fe0013717061027c74177077&m=fefe1373716407&l=fe631575716106797214&s=fdee157575630274731d7271&jb=ffcf14&t=
]Enter  [
http://cl.exct.net/?ju=fe221673716c0d79721272&ls=fe0013717061027c74177077&m=fefe1373716407&l=fe631575716106797214&s=fdee157575630274731d7271&jb=ffcf14&t=
]HERE.

 [
http://cl.exct.net/?ju=fe211673716c0d79721273&ls=fe0013717061027c74177077&m=fefe1373716407&l=fe631575716106797214&s=fdee157575630274731d7271&jb=ffcf14&t=
]Click here for the complete artist lineup, details, and more!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------[
http://cl.exct.net/?ju=fe201673716c0d79721274&ls=fe0013717061027c74177077&m=fefe1373716407&l=fe631575716106797214&s=fdee157575630274731d7271&jb=ffcf14&t=
][Image]

[
http://cl.exct.net/?ju=fe1f1673716c0d79721275&ls=fe0013717061027c74177077&m=fefe1373716407&l=fe631575716106797214&s=fdee157575630274731d7271&jb=ffcf14&t=
][Image]

JOIN OUR JAM OFF! CONTEST FOR A CHANCE TO BE ON OUR CD SAMPLER!

Relix Magazine's JAM OFF! is currently accepting submissions from unsigned
artists. The JAM OFF! contest is held eight times per year.  During each
contest an artist will be selected and featured on a Relix CD sampler
included with over 100,000 issues of Relix!

 [
http://cl.exct.net/?ju=fe1e1673716c0d79721276&ls=fe0013717061027c74177077&m=fefe1373716407&l=fe631575716106797214&s=fdee157575630274731d7271&jb=ffcf14&t=
]ENTER HERE

[
http://cl.exct.net/?ju=fe1d1673716c0d79721277&ls=fe0013717061027c74177077&m=fefe1373716407&l=fe631575716106797214&s=fdee157575630274731d7271&jb=ffcf14&t=
][Image]

WANDERLUST FESTIVAL JULY 24-26

[
http://cl.exct.net/?ju=fe1c1673716c0d79721278&ls=fe0013717061027c74177077&m=fefe1373716407&l=fe631575716106797214&s=fdee157575630274731d7271&jb=ffcf14&t=
] [Image]

Enter to win a weekend at Wanderlust for you and a friend [
http://cl.exct.net/?ju=fe1b1673716c0d79721279&ls=fe0013717061027c74177077&m=fefe1373716407&l=fe631575716106797214&s=fdee157575630274731d7271&jb=ffcf14&t=
]HERE.  Package includes airfare for two, a three-night hotel stay,
tickets to the festival, and a weekend that will make your summer!

[
http://cl.exct.net/?ju=fe231673716c0d79721370&ls=fe0013717061027c74177077&m=fefe1373716407&l=fe631575716106797214&s=fdee157575630274731d7271&jb=ffcf14&t=
][Image] RELIX'S COLD TURKEY

 Summer has arrived which means Relix's Cold Turkey is already gearing up
for another busy festival season.  Be sure to check out [
http://cl.exct.net/?ju=fe221673716c0d79721371&ls=fe0013717061027c74177077&m=fefe1373716407&l=fe631575716106797214&s=fdee157575630274731d7271&jb=ffcf14&t=
]www.relix.com/radio  for the latest podcasts recorded backstage at some
of the spring and summer's best music festivals. While we waited for good
weather, we also caught up with the likes of Girl Talk, The New
Mastersounds, The New Deal, Delta Spirit, ALO and many, many more for
exclusive interviews and performances which can be found at [
http://cl.exct.net/?ju=fe221673716c0d79721371&ls=fe0013717061027c74177077&m=fefe1373716407&l=fe631575716106797214&s=fdee157575630274731d7271&jb=ffcf14&t=
]www.relix.com/radio.

CHECK OUT THE [
http://cl.exct.net/?ju=fe211673716c0d79721372&ls=fe0013717061027c74177077&m=fefe1373716407&l=fe631575716106797214&s=fdee157575630274731d7271&jb=ffcf14&t=
]LATEST PODCAST FEATURING THE EULOGIES!

DESTINATION CONCERTS

ANNOUNCING HOT TUNA'S FAN JAM in JAMAICA! ON SALE NOW!!

[
http://cl.exct.net/?ju=fe201673716c0d79721373&ls=fe0013717061027c74177077&m=fefe1373716407&l=fe631575716106797214&s=fdee157575630274731d7271&jb=ffcf14&t=
][Image]

Just picture it... A golden moon illuminating a silvery sea, balmy
breezes, swaying palm trees, you, and only 389 other barefoot fans await a
band that has led American music for the last 50 years. The mood is
intoxicating. As darkness falls on the first of a four-night fan
extravaganza, each and every one of you knows that something unforgettable
is about to unfold.

The Details:

- Four nights, All-Suite Accommodations at the 4 Star Grand Lido Negril in
Negril, Jamaica
- One Acoustic Welcome Concert
- Two, 2-3 hour Electric FULL BAND Concerts
- A Clinic Style Q&a
- An Autograph Signing Session
- And for 12 lucky and talented guests a FREE Jorma Workshop (see below
for details)
- All Meals...7 restaurants to choose from; all premium alcoholic and
non-alcoholic beverage
- Fitness center, tennis, non-motorized water sports, daily snorkeling
trips, even free SCUBA diving!

Dates:  December 10th to 14th, 2009. What a great holiday present!

RELIX Exclusive Offer:  The first 12 people to sign up from this email
will be invited to join A Jorma Guitar Clinic...The Fundamentals of
Fingerstyle, Level 2. The clinic will cover one of Jorma's most popular
songs (maybe Watersong or Embryonic Journey).  A tremendous value and only
offered to Relix Subscribers! (Guests will need to fill out a questionaire
and qualify for this level of clinic to be accepted.) This clinic will be
limited to a total of 12 guests and offered on the third day of the event.

[
http://cl.exct.net/?ju=fe1f1673716c0d79721374&ls=fe0013717061027c74177077&m=fefe1373716407&l=fe631575716106797214&s=fdee157575630274731d7271&jb=ffcf14&t=
][Image]

 For more information on this and any of our other jam band groups, CALL
888-788-8202 or visit us at [
http://cl.exct.net/?ju=fe1e1673716c0d79721375&ls=fe0013717061027c74177077&m=fefe1373716407&l=fe631575716106797214&s=fdee157575630274731d7271&jb=ffcf14&t=
]www.destinationconcerts.com .

FIND RELIX ON FACEBOOK

Follow the link  below and become a FAN of Relix on Facebook.

[
http://cl.exct.net/?ju=fe1d1673716c0d79721376&ls=fe0013717061027c74177077&m=fefe1373716407&l=fe631575716106797214&s=fdee157575630274731d7271&jb=ffcf14&t=
][Image]

 CHECK OUT THE LATEST FROM JAMBANDS.COM AND RELIX.COM

Jambands.com [
http://cl.exct.net/?ju=fe1c1673716c0d79721377&ls=fe0013717061027c74177077&m=fefe1373716407&l=fe631575716106797214&s=fdee157575630274731d7271&jb=ffcf14&t=
] reviews Trey's new album

An [
http://cl.exct.net/?ju=fe1b1673716c0d79721378&ls=fe0013717061027c74177077&m=fefe1373716407&l=fe631575716106797214&s=fdee157575630274731d7271&jb=ffcf14&t=
]interview  with Ben Harper

[
http://cl.exct.net/?ju=fe1a1673716c0d79721379&ls=fe0013717061027c74177077&m=fefe1373716407&l=fe631575716106797214&s=fdee157575630274731d7271&jb=ffcf14&t=
]Eulogies in the Relix studios

---------------------------------------------------------------------------[
http://cl.exct.net/?ju=fe221673716c0d79721c70&ls=fe0013717061027c74177077&m=fefe1373716407&l=fe631575716106797214&s=fdee157575630274731d7271&jb=ffcf14&t=
] [Image]

[Image]
        [Image]

[Image]

This email was sent by: Relix Media Group LLC: 104 West 29th Street, 11th
Floor New York, NY, 10001, USA

This email was sent to: wgdrmusic@xxxxxxxxxxx

[
http://cl.exct.net/?ju=fe211673716c0d79721c71&ls=fe0013717061027c74177077&m=fefe1373716407&l=fe631575716106797214&s=fdee157575630274731d7271&jb=ffcf14&t=
]Leave this mailing list | [
http://cl.exct.net/?ju=fe201673716c0d79721c72&ls=fe0013717061027c74177077&m=fefe1373716407&l=fe631575716106797214&s=fdee157575630274731d7271&jb=ffcf14&t=
]Modify your email profile | [
http://cl.exct.net/?ju=fe1e1673716c0d79721177&ls=fe0013717061027c74177077&m=fefe1373716407&l=fe631575716106797214&s=fdee157575630274731d7271&jb=ffcf14&t=
]Forward this email to a friend
[
http://cl.exct.net/?ju=fe1f1673716c0d79721c73&ls=fe0013717061027c74177077&m=fefe1373716407&l=fe631575716106797214&s=fdee157575630274731d7271&jb=ffcf14&t=
][Image]

relix multi color fade logo

relix468x60GIF

[...]

lolla

Enter to win a weekend at Lollapalooza featuring Depeche Mode, Tool, The Killers, Jane's Addiction, Beastie Boys, Kings of Leon, and many many more!

Enter HERE.

Click here for the complete artist lineup, details, and more!

CBVIII_468x60

Sonicbids Logo

JOIN OUR JAM OFF! CONTEST FOR A CHANCE TO BE ON OUR CD SAMPLER!

Relix Magazine's JAM OFF! is currently accepting submissions from unsigned artists. The JAM OFF! contest is held eight times per year.  During each contest an artist will be selected and featured on a Relix CD sampler included with over 100,000 issues of Relix!

ENTER HERE

jamcruise468

WANDERLUST FESTIVAL JULY 24-26

bird_type_distresse3d

Enter to win a weekend at Wanderlust for you and a friend HERE.  Package includes airfare for two, a three-night hotel stay, tickets to the festival, and a weekend that will make your summer!

RELIX'S COLD TURKEY

Summer has arrived which means Relix's Cold Turkey is already gearing up for another busy festival season.  Be sure to check out www.relix.com/radio for the latest podcasts recorded backstage at some of the spring and summer's best music festivals. While we waited for good weather, we also caught up with the likes of Girl Talk, The New Mastersounds, The New Deal, Delta Spirit, ALO and many, many more for exclusive interviews and performances which can be found at www.relix.com/radio.

CHECK OUT THE LATEST PODCAST FEATURING THE EULOGIES!

DESTINATION CONCERTS

ANNOUNCING HOT TUNA'S FAN JAM in JAMAICA! ON SALE NOW!!

tuna200

[...]

Hot Tuna 2009 Info-web_html_3febd3a2

For more information on this and any of our other jam band groups, CALL 888-788-8202 or visit us at www.destinationconcerts.com .

FIND RELIX ON FACEBOOK

Follow the link  below and become a FAN of Relix on Facebook.

CHECK OUT THE LATEST FROM JAMBANDS.COM AND RELIX.COM

Jambands.com reviews Trey's new album

An interview with Ben Harper

Eulogies in the Relix studios

10KLF_09_468x60_NEW