[webwithout-ie] a tiger is born:

  • From: "david poehlman" <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <webwithout-ie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 08:19:35 -0400

Hi all,

For the sake of the archives and also for those who may not yet know,  Our
most sugnificant breakthrough where the gui is concerned for screen readers
is now a reality with the release of tiger on friday.

A couple of mailing lists have sprung up that you might want to be aware of
if you are contemplating using VoiceOver and safari.  They are not
specifically safari, that's what this list is for <grin>  But We can share
knowledge.

Mac visionaries has two lists:
http://www.macvisionaries.com
a discusson and an announcements list and it is thriving already.
There is also a list out of maine for help with voice over which you can
subscribe to by sending a blank message to:
voiceover-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx

I think those who use safari with VoiceOver will be happy with the result
but possibly not till some time has passed in order to gain a bit of
experience with it.

If you are or do use it, please let us know and if you have questions,
please don't hesitate to post here if its a safari / VO issue.

Thanks!

--
Johnnie Apple Seed

browser to:
//www.freelists.org/list/webwithout-ie

You can view this list's archives and rss feed at:
//www.freelists.org/archives/webwithout-ie

for unsubscribing, you can also send a message with the word unsubscribe in the
subject line leaving the rest of the message blank to:
webwithout-ie-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
and you will need to respond to the confirmation message you recieve in order
to be removed from the list.

for subscribing or resubscribing
you can also send a message with the word subscribe in the subject line leaving
the rest of the message blank to:
webwithout-ie-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
and you will need to respond to the confirmation message you recieve in order
to be added to the list.

To contact list management, write to:
webwithout-ie-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
***end of list info***