[webwithout-ie] New Member

  • From: Matthew Smith <matt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: webwithout-ie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 17:02:27 +1030

Hi Folks

I've just joined in response to David Poehlman's posting to the WAI Interest
Group list.

"Web Without IE" is of particular interest for me as I only ever use IE to
check
that pages are laying out OK after development with Mozilla.  My initial
testing
is with Mozilla, Lynx, Konqueror and Opera - IE is only tested when I am happy
that my content is working with these others.

As an aside, I am working on an IE toolbar in parallel to an XUL one for
Mozilla/Firefox; this is for a web-based bookmarks (favorites) project that I
am
working on.  It's taking some time so by the time I get round to finishing the
IE toolbar, all the IE users will be using Firefox anyway. <wink/>

To date, I have been getting round "IE Monotheism" either by running Konqueror
with a bogus user agent identification string or simply finding another vendor
with better policies.

With the current move towards Firefox, I can see this list becoming quite busy.

Cheers

Matthew Smith

Web solutions developer (Linux, Apache, Perl, MySQL, XHTML, CSS, RDF)
South Australia
http://www.kbc.net.au
***list info***
This is the accessible webwithout-ie discussion list.
to change your subscription options or to unsubscribe, point your favorite
browser to:
//www.freelists.org/list/webwithout-ie

You can view this list's archives at:
//www.freelists.org/archives/webwithout-ie

for unsubscribing, you can also send a message with the word unsubscribe in the
subject line leaving the rest of the message blank to:
webwithout-ie-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
and you will need to respond to the confirmation message you recieve in order
to be removed from the list.

To contact list management, write to:
webwithout-ie-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
***end of list info***