[website-critique] Re: computertalkshop.com

  • From: "DesignWorks" <tchapman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <websitecritique@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 12:54:11 -0500

Hi Eric!  Great job...

Here are a couple of things I found.  The Hunger Site doesn't work.. could
be they are just down.  Also, you have most of your other (outside) ads (on
your main page and all on your affiliate page) opening a new page, but the
Hunger site and the Children's site does not.  I think maybe you could have
them open in new sites too... that way you keep the person at your page
after they look at your *outside* links.

The Starting Point link doesn't work either.. I get a DNS error on it.  On
the affiliate page, check your banner links, it's either the net is really
busy, my machine, or the banners themselves, but I can't get any to open
right now.. just get the same DNS error.  Which makes me think that could
just be my server and not a problem with your page, but you might want to
check it out, to be sure that you have everything typed in correctly so you
don't lose out on votes, etc.

And I don't think the Crucial.com ad is intrusive in the least.  As a matter
of fact, it fits quite well on your page and in the theme of it.

All in all... I really think the site looks terrific!!  It's clean, easy to
read and navigate.  I would def. give you a couple of thumbs up!!!  Great
job!

Tee

Tina Chapman
Owner/Designer