[website-critique] Re: Interesting Site...

  • From: "Vania Smrkovski" <vania@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <websitecritique@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 08:43:52 -0500

http://www.worldwidemart.com/scripts/formmail.shtml, FormMail on Matt's
Script Archive is my current favorite.  I inherited an implementation of the
oft-used compiled "sendmail" utility that is available out there.  But since
it is compiled, it is not configurable except through params, and it is
impossible to debug, imho, when you have problems.

FormMail, on the other hand, can be tweaked to your hearts content.
http://www.ngraphics.net/contact.html uses it for our own company, as it
also shares work duties on some of our clients' sites that do not have CGI
capabilities on their servers (we take 'em as they give 'em).  FormMail
allows you to filter domains to limit the ability of interlopers using your
CGI whenever they want.

Vania Smrkovski
NetGraphics,
  a JP Hogan Company