[webproducers] Re: the latest word of Jeff Dachis...

  • From: Andrew Boardman <boardman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 23:35:28 -0400

Hey, everybody.

While, Jeff D. might have a lot to say, he certainly doesn't have a lot to
show for himself since 2000.  In fact, he probably has less to show for
himself, professionally and critically, than he ever has.

The last few lines of the article pretty much sum him up:

<snip>
Another person  asked, "Can you be in this class and not really understand
technology?"

"Absolutely," Mr. Dachis replied, reminiscing about his days as a chief
executive. "The great thing about Razorfish is that we didn't know about
what we were doing."
</snip>

BUT, and this is where Jeff D. is maybe interesting, what happened to all of
the smart thinkers about the Web, information, and new technology?  Just as
design has taken it on the lips for being "dumbed down" these past 3 years,
it seems that few people will risk asking the larger contextual questions --
Where is the Web going (besides to PDAs)?  What will the Web look like in
2005 and 2010?

Where did the thought get lost in the hype?

Andrew.

--
Andrew Boardman
MANOVERBOARD.