[webproducers] Re: Rates/Salary/Compensation

  • From: marj kleinman <marjk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 15:49:56 -0500

Mediabistro is great for content/editorial/creative

There are so many of us out here and it's hard to find steady work, so
usually it's word of mouth...referrals, etc..

On 1/28/07 3:31 PM, "Sharon Greenfield" <sharongreenfield@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Finding freelancers-
>
> Sometime you have other find them for you: In every city there are
> usually a few contracting agencies that represent contractors.
> For example, in Seattle and Portland there is-
> http://www.filtertalent.com
>
> Also, there quite often are local organisations for people in a
> specific niche to network.
> An example:  http://www.adclubseattle.com/
>
> And last but not least, there is always Craigslist.
>

> On Jan 25, 2007, at 5:26 AM, Darren Chilton wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I have a question similar to this one about the rates people are
>> being paid for these different professional areas.
>>
>> I am trying to get a grip on the freelance market and wondered if you
>> guys could point me in the direction of organizations that are good
>> for filling positions (sometimes very quickly). I am thinking
>> temporary, from 1 day up to 6 months kinds of projects, and very much
>> mixed (online/offline) media kinds of things.
>>
>> What are some resources for finding freelancers in these areas:
>>
>> Producers
>> Graphics
>> Video
>> xHTML
>> Designers
>> Programmers
>> Copywriters
>>
>> I realize that this question is rather broad. I am just doing first
>> reconnaissance here so elaborate details are not required.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Darren
>>

>> --

>> Be sure to trim your posts and delete personal information (e.g.
>> address and telephone numbers) if
>> you do not want them in the public web archive.

>> webproducers-
>> request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  (and be sure to reply to the confirmation
>> e-mail)
>>
>> Manage your subscripton (digest, vacation mode, unsubscribe) at
>> http://webproducers.org/join.html
>>

> --

> Be sure to trim your posts and delete personal information (e.g. address and
> telephone numbers) if
> you do not want them in the public web archive.

> webproducers-
> request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  (and be sure to reply to the confirmation e-mail)
>
> Manage your subscripton (digest, vacation mode, unsubscribe) at
> http://webproducers.org/join.html

Marj Kleinman
Writer/Producer/Filmmaker
917-434-8398

http://www.BackwardsBlog.com

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs.
Ask yourself what makes YOU come alive and then go and do that.
Because what the world needs is people who have come ALIVE!"
--Howard Thurman