[webproducers] Re: Rates/Salary/Compensation

  • From: james scola <jscola_72@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 20:39:25 -0800 (PST)

Grace,

You may want to contact The Graphic Artists Guild.
Maybe they can offer some advice or attorneys (if you
choose that direction).

Contact info is:
90 John Street, Suite 403
New York, NY 10038-3202
212-791-3400
www.gag.org

You can also always sue them in small claims
court,without an attorney. Although every state has a
maximum award allowance and I do not know how much you
were supposed to be paid. It's true, without a
contract you do not have much leverage, it will be
your word against theirs. However, get the job posting
from your school that shows it as a freelance project.
Freelance suggests payment. This can be used as
evidence. Also
You may want to speak to your schools career
development center and ask them to intervene.
Perhaps they recall the payment terms when they
accepted to post the ad. They may also speak w/the
non-profit directly to obtain payment on your behalf.

I hope this helps.

Good luck.

-james

--- Grace Yeh <elegraphy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]
> court?
>
> Thanks for your help.
> Grace
>
> On Jan 21, 2007, at 1:15 PM, Phillip Madanire wrote:
>
> > Did you have a thorough contract? If so you can
> take them to court.
> >

> > On Jan 21, 2007, at 1:09 PM, Grace Yeh wrote:
> >
> >> Hi everyone,
> >>
> >> I also have the same problem for this kind of
> information. Is there a
> >> different rates for just creating graphics and
> logo for a website?
> >> How much per hour/per project to charge a client?
> >>
> >> Also, is there any information to help for
> freelancer if a client is
> >> unwilling to paid a two month project? (They've
> already used my
> >> graphic on their site for last two month!)
> >> Thanks for all your help.
> >>
> >>  From NYC,
> >> Grace

> rates/salary/
> lost in this crazy
> weekly, monthly, salary

> to VACATION MODE!

> information (e.g.

> unsubscribe in the subject
> the confirmation e-

> unsubscribe) at
> >>>

> >> --

> to VACATION MODE!
> >>
> >> Be sure to trim your posts and delete personal
> information (e.g.
> >> address and telephone numbers) if
> >> you do not want them in the public web archive.

> unsubscribe in the subject
> >> to webproducers-
> >> request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  (and be sure to reply to
> the confirmation e-
> >> mail)
> >>
> >> Manage your subscripton (digest, vacation mode,
> unsubscribe) at
> >> http://webproducers.org/join.html
> >>

> > Phillip Madanire
> >
> > BUSINESS CONSULTING SERVICES
> > MARKETING STRATEGY CONSULTING SERVICES
> >
> > 361 WEST 20TH ST 2B
> > NEW YORK NY 10011
> > TEL 212 414 4004    C 347 645 5017
> >

> > --

> VACATION MODE!
> >
> > Be sure to trim your posts and delete personal
> information (e.g.
> > address and telephone numbers) if
> > you do not want them in the public web archive.

> unsubscribe in the subject
> > to webproducers-
> > request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  (and be sure to reply to
> the confirmation e-
> > mail)
> >
> > Manage your subscripton (digest, vacation mode,
> unsubscribe) at
> > http://webproducers.org/join.html
> >

> --

> VACATION MODE!
>
> Be sure to trim your posts and delete personal
> information (e.g. address and telephone numbers) if
> you do not want them in the public web archive.

> in the subject to webproducers-
> request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  (and be sure to reply to the
> confirmation e-mail)
>
> Manage your subscripton (digest, vacation mode,

Never Miss an Email