[webproducers] Re: Project Manager Portfolios?

  • From: "Herve Heriveaux" <hheriveaux@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 19:01:27 -0400

I believe PMs, like Account, Media and Production are just as much a part of
the final product - great design included - and other parts of the finished
work - as any other member of the team. Today, we should be "T-shaped"
players in the game...anything less will limit your growth moving forward.

That said, the best way I've come across handling this is to present your
efforts as a PM/Producer via "case study" format: client brief/project
overview, problem and final solution with a view of work.

Of course, I would focus in on your part in the solve - "managing" timing,
people resources, coordination of vendors/supplier resources, etc., as well
as, whatever issues that came up specific to that project. I would sprinkle
in your unique flavor that would align with the value proposition in your
resume and can reaffirmed in your interview and any endorsements by clients
and/or co-workers on said project.

Hope this helps. Good luck and keep moving forward!

-Herve

Herve Heriveaux
Passionate about Interactive

From: Florian Fangohr <florian@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 23:19:20
To: webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Good Idea. If it was meaningful you'd really stand out. I have been
frustrated by portfolio sites for PM's who simply take credits for
good art direction.

On top of that copy is going to help you a lot. Team up with a good
copy writer and tell the best product stories, and how you overcame
hurdles.

Anybody who has half a brain and is hiring a PM knows that they have
to dig deeper than pretty.

FF

-
florian fangohr, design

http://fangohr.com

sent from ohphone

http://webproducers.org/?page_id=9

>> Web Producers Job Board http://jobs.webproducers.org
>>
>> Join us on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3877&trk=hb_side_g
>>

>> Messages are archived in our publicly accessible web archive. Trim
>> your posts and delete personal information if you do not want them
>> in the public web archive.
>>

> --=
> Too much e-mail? Manage your subscription at at
http://webproducers.org/?page_id=9

> Web Producers Job Board http://jobs.webproducers.org
>
> Join us on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3877&trk=hb_side_g
>

> Messages are archived in our publicly accessible web archive. Trim
> your posts and delete personal information if you do not want them
> in the public web archive.

--=