[webproducers] Flash.....and an Introduction

  • From: "Kate Leighton" <kmleighton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 10:55:12 -0700

Andy Horwitz wrote:

> I know this might be a bit off-topic, but if anybody has any insight, I'd
be grateful.
> I've been making some animated banners in Flash, and trying to publish
them as .gifs.

Hi Andy, I'm Kate...new to this list.  I have a quick question for you and
the others here. I am LITERALLY new to using Flash. I'm teaching myself, as
we speak.   What is everyone's opinion on flash? Easy enough to learn?

Thanks for having this group. I hope to lend assistance where possible.

A little about myself:

I'm an online community professional - specialzing in content writing,
content management, producing, managing and..well, you know how it is,
wearing every hat under the sun.  I was recently mentioned in
"ComputerWorld" magazine in the article "Creators of Online Community"
http://www.computerworld.com/storyba/0,4125,NAV47_STO65067,00.html

I'm turning my interests towards some of the hands on processes in web
building - and with some background in basic html and some visual basic, I'm
looking at flash now and, oh I don't know, just getting more involved on
different levels.

Anyway...thought I'd introduce myself and say hello.  I hope to help where I
can and contribute the best I can.

Kate

Kate Leighton
VP, Online Communities