[wdmaudiodev] Re: wdmaudiodev Digest V2 #73

  • From: "Sanford Hayes" <vware@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 03:11:34 -0400

Re: audio filter problem:
I do not know enough of your problem to be sure why the audio filter is not
performing as planned. Here are my suggestions humble though they may be...
The sync problem could emanate from rendering at 44800 when the data is at
44100, this will cause a problem with video sync over a period of time.
(Using a dual beam oscilloscope displaying the original signal vs. rendered
signal will reveal the drift of the emitted signal over time.)
The filter may not be capable of rendering the samples at 44800 or it is not
being provided with the proper sample rate capacity from the registry.
Te sure the filter is receiving the 44800 or higher from the registry for
the destination device.