[wdmaudiodev] Re: waveInOpen/waveOutOpen in Vista

  • From: Eugene Muzychenko <emuzychenko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Chinmay Mahata <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 11:14:23 +0600

Hello Chinmay,

> I just want to know -- is our observation is correct in Vista or I did some
> mistake because of that I am getting this ?

I did not test waveInOpen/waveOutOpen alone, without immediate buffer
insertion and starting. But since the documentation does not
describe special conditions, a driver should not rely on them. There
are many strange and illogical things in Windows audio subsystem so
different versions can behave very differently. A best way is to make
a driver insensitive to these specialities, as much as possible.

Regards,
Eugene