[wdmaudiodev] waveInOpen/waveOutOpen in Vista

  • From: Chinmay Mahata <chinmay.mahata@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 01:18:08 +0530

Dear All,

While we are porting one of our WDM audio driver from XP to Vista, we
observe probably a major difference --

In Vista, as soon as I call Multimedia API waveInOpen/waveOutOpen from
application the stream/device goes directly into RUN state and it starts
capturing or rendering.

While in XP when I call waveInOpen/waveOutOpen from application the
stream/device does not go directly into RUN state, instead the stream is in
STOP state.
The stream/device goes to RUN state only when application uses waveInStart
or waveOutWrite call.

I need XP behavior in Vista.

Please suggest me if there is any way to achieve that.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

--Chinmay