[wdmaudiodev] voice chat application...

  • From: Arijit Paul <arijitpaulin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 23:49:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All Audio Experts,

A basic question  -  do voice chat applications like skype, YM use WAVE APIs? I
am a bit confused whether the voice coming out from a voice chat application
and   music player are handled in the same manner by driver? What is the best
way to forward the voice coming out from a voice chat application to another
place in local network (instead of sound cming out from native sound card, the
sound card of the host to which the voice data have been forwarded will output
voice. Similarly i/p will be given in the remote host.) The difficult part is
that the voice chat application is kind of black box to us (we do not have the
code). So, we want to handle this in driver and be transparent to any voice
application.

Looking forward to get some help from you.

Thanks a lot!

-paul