[wdmaudiodev] Re: virtual audio device / ESX server

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 09:50:56 -0800

master.zion wrote:
> I have one VOIP application running on windows 2003 server - data center
> edition on Desktop machine using vmware.
>
> These application use one OCX ( i dont have the source ).
>
> Well, these application need to run on a same windows version but under
> a ESX server.
> ESX server do not have audio, support, i know that.

Well, you need to be a little more exact.  ESX server does not
virtualize the host's audio device.  It's not correct to say it does
"not have audio support".  Guest operating systems can certainly install
audio drivers.  Indeed, drivers without hardware will work exactly the
same, whether they run with real hardware or in any of the VMware products.

> I try some solutions like "Virtual Audio Cable" and others without
> success Not show in waveOutGetDevCaps/waveInGetDevCaps.

Then I would suggest that you did something wrong.  This will work.  VAC
can't tell the difference between a real computer and a virtual guest
computer.

> One application called "Sound Over RDP" appears in list,
> (Microsoft RDP Audio Driver / FabulaTech RDP Audio IN)
> but does not have volume control and does not works too.

Are you using Remote Desktop to connect to this machine?  Otherwise, I
don't understand why this would appear.