[wdmaudiodev] usbaudio.sys little glitch

  • From: Dave Gamble <signalzerodb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 15:26:52 +0000

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone else has stumbled onto the little shortcoming of usbaudio.sys (as we have).

We have found that with a standard usb midi device, (which enumerates and functions correctly in use), when
the user unplugs the device (after data has been sent to it), usbaudio.sys does not quite catch on to the fact that
the device has been removed. Worse than that, it locks the entire plug and play system for 5 or so minutes.

If anyone has experienced this issue, please let me know...

Better yet, if anyone has a patch or quick solution, please get in touch!!

Thanks very much,

Dave.