[wdmaudiodev] Re: usbaudio.sys and descriptors

  • From: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 19:01:44 +0100

Tim Roberts wrote:

Alan Davis wrote:
When I try to enumerate with both microphone and speakers together in
the descriptor the device fails.

The only obvious errors in the descriptors are the missing synchronization
types of the endpoints, but then I wonder why they are not a problem when
there is only a single stream.

If you can't get a proper error log out of Windows, try Linux. :)

In this dual mode they share the same control end point.

What do you mean by that? Do you mean you are doing both of these with
one Audio Control interface? Why would you do that?

Because that is what the spec, and all its examples, say.

As the spec says, "each audio function has a single AudioControl
interface and can have several AudioStresming ... interfaces". Capture
is a function, render is a function.

No; both capture and playback together are a single function.

Regards,
Clemens