[wdmaudiodev] Re: silly question about pin property and filter property

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 09:40:22 -0800

Yong Liu wrote:
> Thanks for all your responses. when I used setupdixxx and createfile,
> I think I got the handle to the filter. Because as I changed to
> declare the property item in the automation table in filter
> descriptor, I can set the property to filter. But in my project, I
> need to set the property to the pin. I read Directks sample, and it
> has a way to create a pin in user mode, but that method is not
> suitable for me. Actually, there are two user mode applications in
> this project to communicate with the same driver, but only one pin can
> be instantiated. In one applicaiton, only filter created and sent
> property to driver, the property is used by pin created in the second
> application (such as graphedit) which instantiated filter first. The
> problem is in the driver, I could not get the handle to the pin
> created by the second application.  Do you have any ideas to set the
> property to the pin?

You can't send property requests to a pin in another application.  You
should be able to see why that would be a problem.

If this is a driver you control, you can always force a particular
property setting when you initialize the pin.  Somehow, you have to be
able to identify the circumstances that should trigger your new setting.