[wdmaudiodev] silly question about pin property and filter property

  • From: "Yong Liu" <ly.didiom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 20:53:11 -0500

I am new to WDM audio driver, and I am puzzled in using filter property and
pin property in developing the driver. Hope I can get help here. I want to
communicate with the driver from user mode application through
IOCTL_KS_PROPERTY. In the application, I used setupdixxx and createfile to
get the handle to the driver, then used deviceiocontrol to set the property
of the pin. In the driver, I declared the automation table in pin
descriptor. But calling to deviceiocontrol failed. In the document of DDK,
it is said "When a client sends a KS property request (that is, an
IOCTL_KS_PROPERTY I/O-control IRP) to a filter handle or pin handle, the KS
system driver (*ks.sys*) delivers the request to the port driver for the
filter object or pin object." I am wondering in my application, I only get
the filter handle through setupdixxx and createfile, so the request could
not be delivered to pin object, is that right? If so, how can I get the
handle to the pin or send the request to the pin object? Thanks in advance
for your help.
Yong