[wdmaudiodev] Re: setting audio device as default from the VC++

  • From: Richard Fricks <Richard.Fricks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 13:49:17 -0700

That is correct. Setting the default driver via the INF is no longer supported
in Windows 7. The Windows 7 device selection heuristics are now used to select
the default device. The user can still override this selection via the control
panel. Removal of support for this INF entry was necessary to enable our new
stream routing scenarios. For example, audio will automatically route to your
headphones when you plug them in.

-Richard Fricks
Program Manager – Windows 7