[wdmaudiodev] Re: sample User mode installable multimedia driver

  • From: Vipin Kumar <vipin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 14:37:19 +0530

i just want to capture/feed the playback/capture(mic) data per application
basis and i don't need mixing to get in my way.
 i am targeting  any NT based OS ( till Vista. Vista is not supported)

but the wodmessage model is in use till  XP SP3, so i can use it, but the
documentation /samples seem to be scarce. the wdmaud.drv executable is based
on this model.

Anyways, if you can let me know how the kmixer would create n no. of
streams( n different media players playing songs), without mixing any of
them for a WDM driver based of MSVAD multstr, i would be happy

Anyways, the issue i raised earlier in this thread, has been solved.

Thanks for everyone to help me out.

Regards,
Vipin

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 2:16 PM, Frank Yerrace
<Frank.Yerrace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

>  The wodMessage driver model is generally not well supported on any of the
> recent releases of desktop Windows. You should consider the WDM Audio driver
> model. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb870472.aspx.
>

> Is there a particular reason you need to implement a user-mode driver of
> this type? What version of Windows are you targeting?
>

> Frank Yerrace
>
> Microsoft

Thanks & Regards
Vipin.