[wdmaudiodev] Re: sample User mode installable multimedia driver

  • From: Frank Yerrace <Frank.Yerrace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 01:46:03 -0700

The wodMessage driver model is generally not well supported on any of the
recent releases of desktop Windows. You should consider the WDM Audio driver
model. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb870472.aspx.

Is there a particular reason you need to implement a user-mode driver of this
type? What version of Windows are you targeting?

Frank Yerrace
Microsoft