[wdmaudiodev] Re: [re] Vista exclusive mode

  • From: David Viens <davidv@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 12:53:04 -0500

Jerry Evans wrote:
David,

Your ThreadProc code - I cannot verify this from the latest Vista SDK docs, nor from the appalling SDK example, but perhaps the event should be manual reset ? - with the handler calling ResetEvent() after processing the buffer?

Urgh, ill try this as soon as i get on my Vista x64 portaudio dev machine,
later tonight.

Otherwise I cannot see how the audio engine keeps sync with the user processing side. Does anyone else know?

That doesn't seem to bother the UAA driver, indeed (or the other drivers in
Shared mode,
prolly MS's code self correct my event?)

BTW can I build PortAsio with your WASAPI code using the standard 1.9 release, or do I need to get the entire tree from SVN?

you need to fetch my branch
svn co
https://www.portaudio.com/repos/portaudio/branches/users/davidv/v19-devel-debugprint-sept-06/

Ive only tried using the devices as outputs, using paFloat32 as user data,
and 44100 for the UAA and 48000 for the Audigy and Realtek (which did work
using Shared mode
with this current EVENT TreadProc.

--
David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
Montreal. http://www.plogue.com