[wdmaudiodev] Re: question about copyto and copyfrom

  • From: Matt Gonzalez <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 08:28:30 -0800

CopyTo means "copy playback data to your hardware buffer." CopyFrom means "copy record data from your hardware buffer. If you're implementing a capture driver, you need CopyFrom.

By the way, are you familiar with Virtual Audio Cable? That may already do what you want.

http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.html

I believe that the developer is a frequent poster here.

Matt

Yong Liu wrote:
I am some confused in using IDmaChannel::copyto and copyfrom. I am writing a
virtual wdm audio catpute driver, since it is a virtual driver, the audio
data is not from a real device, it is from an application. Which function
copyto or coypfrom I should use to send the data to the driver? Thank you
very much.
Yong