[wdmaudiodev] quality sources of Window (XP) audio tuning tips?

  • From: "Voelkel, Andy" <andy.voelkel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 13:01:02 -0800

Hi All,

I am about to set up a Windows XP machine for audio research. Based on
past experience, I expect that the latency performance can be noticeably
improved by tuning the machine properly. I also have noticed that a lot
of tuning information on the internet tends to be inaccurate and/or out
of date. Can anyone recommend any high quality sources for audio tuning
tips for Window (XP) machines?

P.S. I know that Vista helps in this area, but I do not plan on
switching to Vista at present.

Thanks!

- Andy Voelkel

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or
previous e-mail messages attached to it, may contain information that is
confidential and/or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient,
or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, please DO
NOT disclose the contents to another person, store or copy the information in
any medium, or use any of the information contained in or attached to this
transmission for any purpose. If you have received this transmission in error,
please immediately notify the sender by reply email or at
mailto:privacy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, and destroy the original transmission and its
attachments without reading or saving in any manner.