[wdmaudiodev] Re: package install from inf -??

  • From: Victor V Lyamtsev <vvl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 13:54:05 -0400

Thank you for suggestions.
I do not think the idea with "shell" inf would work: to register
co-installer you need to have driver registry entry, like
"Coinstaller32"=Mycoinst.dll
under HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\<MediaGUID>\<Enum>
The idea with "run" key looks more promising but the package with such inf
cannot pass WQL ( MS has a rule against using "run", or "runOnce" keys in
inf). Let me know if I am wrong...
Thanks again,