[wdmaudiodev] Re: package install from inf -??

  • From: "Andrew Wheeler" <AWheeler@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 11:34:39 -0500

If your INF doesn't currently reference a coinstaller then I don't
believe you're going to find a way to run an executable during install
w/out changing the INF.  Maybe you could create a new INF that is merely
a "shell" to the old INF and includes a "RUN" key - but I don't know
that it's possible, and it would likely be very confusing to the
end-user.

Review the toastpkg example in the DDK, and the new DIFx tools.  DIFx
info is available at
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/driver/install/default.mspx.

-andrew