(no subject)

  • From: "Squall" <squallffxiii@xxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 00:23:23 +0800

Hi,
  I am now writing a Ring 3 application that will register KSEvent on my Ring 0
miniport driver such that it receives notification from driver when there's any
status change in the hardware. However i am seeing strange thing on my Ring 0
driver. Basically it receives my Event Enable call but not my Event Disable
call.

  My Ring 3 Enable call is as follows:
  bSuccess = DeviceIoControl(m_hDevHandle,
                    IOCTL_KS_ENABLE_EVENT,
                    &KsEvent,
                    sizeof(KSEVENT),
                    &KsEventData,
                    sizeof(KSEVENTDATA),
                    &dwReturn,
                    NULL);
    and my disable call goes like this:
    bSuccess = DeviceIoControl(m_hDevHandle,
                       IOCTL_KS_DISABLE_EVENT,
                       &KsEventData,
                       sizeof(KSEVENTDATA),

NULL,
                       0,
                       &dwReturn,
                       NULL);
        where the KsEventData is the same as the one used in Event Enable.

For Disable event bSuccess returns me a FALSE with GetLastError() = 0x1F
(ERROR_GEN_FAILURE).
Can anyone shed a light on what's the problem here?

Thanks in advance!
Squall.