[wdmaudiodev] Re: latency of USBaudio.sys

  • From: "Andy Voelkel" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 08:58:25 -0800

> Hi Andy,
>
> I have written an ASIO-driver based on wdm-kernel-streaming.
> The tests some of my beta-testers and I have done show that
> latency of about 5 to 6 msec can be achieved with the USBAUDIO.SYS
> under Windows 2000 and XP. It seems that Windows 98 is less
> optimal in this situation...
>
> Tobias

Thank Tobias, that's really great news.

Just so I'm clear, let me verify my understanding of how you are talking
to the USBaudio.sys driver. I'm guessing that you are using the kernel
streaming interface, that is you are calling DeviceIOcontrol with
IOCTL_KS_READ_STREAM and/or IOCTL_KS_WRITE_STREAM?

Thanks again!

Andy