[wdmaudiodev] ks.sys debug question( and filter driver crash)

  • From: priv <wdm.8723083@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 23:01:25 -0500

Hi All,
My upperfilter driver cause crash in ks.sys, when it works with
another filter driver(but both filter drivers work fine when working
alone with the audio driver)

The situation is everytime the filter driver generates an Irp call,
like KS_STREAM_WRITE or KSPROPERTY_CONNECTION_STATE then it crashes in
ks.sys.  It does normally call to my driver->portcls->ks.sys, and then
cause a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50) error at
ks!KsDispatchIrp+0x126.

Having no idea on the problem, I found there's something called ks
debug extension that I might make some use of.

First I tried debug build XP+debug SP2, but it doesn't install normal
kb888111.  Then I tried to copy ks.sys, portcls.sys, kmixer.sys to
normal xp, but it doesn't work like the document described.  Here are
some examples:

kd> !ks.libexts details
LibExt Details:

LibExt "STREAM!" :

  This is the stream class library extension to the KS DLL.  It supports
  dumping device extensions, filters, streams, and SRBs.

  Hooks : dump enumdevobj graph automation

You can see there's no portcls or kmixer debug exports.

kd> !ks.dumplog
Start [Irp 00000000 / Frame 00000000] @ 001d6c62f
  [Graph = 00000000, Filter = 00000000, Pin = 00000000, Component = 00000000

It's the only log it prints, nothing else at all.

The windbg version is 6.6.7.5, target windows version is WinXP SP2,
with a HDAudio driver installed on it.

Is this because the checked build ks.sys on XPSP2 are actually
stripped down? or I miss anything here?

Thanks if anyone can give me some hint.

Regards,
priv