[wdmaudiodev] Re: kmixer bypassing

  • From: Uwe Kirst <u.kirst@xxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 10:55:01 +0200

Jerry Evans schrieb:
Hi Uwe

Interesting. Does your bypass mode get the expected performance increase? Is it possible for you to describe in slightly more detail how the driver is installed/configured?

Thx. I'm off to dig out the NT4 DDK :-)

Hello Jerry,

yes I'm getting lower latencies. In fact the latency I see is comparable to nt4 drivers. The relevant files in the nt4 ddk are WAVEDD.C and MMDRV.C. I would suggest that you start with a dummy version, which implements WODM_GETNUMDEVS and WODM_GETDEVCAPS. The step up from w2k to xp was relativly complicated so I would suggest that you try out w2k first.
Installation:
Add 2 lines to your .inf file which installs a wdm streaming driver (my is portclass based), when xx_mme.dll is your bypass driver:

HKR,Drivers\wave\xx_mme.dll,Driver,,xx_mme.dll
HKK,Drivers\wave\xx_mme.dll,Description,,%yourDescription%

I have also installed the microsoft driver "wdmaud.drv".
/Uwe