[wdmaudiodev] Re: kernel streaming application

  • From: Robert Bielik <robert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2012 20:44:15 +0200

stephane.poirier@xxxxxxxxx skrev 2012-07-07 20:38:
I did not find out to do it so far with portaudio. Is it feasible with the
WDM-KS?

Ah, I thought your name was familiar (I replied to your post on the PA list :).
Portaudio only exposes what you can do with the particular host api, and no, it
is not possible to open just a few channels of a WDM KS device, in fact, in
many cases it only allows you to open with as many channels as it supports
(f.i. many 2 channel devices cannot be opened in mono).

But mostly you can open a device with 2 channels if the device supports f.i. up to 8 channels. But
there is no way to select _which_ two of the 8 channels to open (as you can do with ASIO), it will
always be the "first" two (where what "first" is, is up to the driver + device).

Regards,
/Rob