[wdmaudiodev] Re: kernel streaming and midi

  • From: "Michael Dillon" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 13:50:38 -0400

Hi Martin,

What has been happening is this... If i don't have any midi device connected
to my computer and i just open up the midiOut port to send data to the wave
table synth ( 'Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth' to be exact) there seems to
be an unreliable amount of latency from when I call midiOutShortMsg or
midiStreamOut and when I hear the sound from the speakers. This can be up to
about 500 ms.

What do you mean by the KMixer?

Thanks
Mike