[wdmaudiodev] for MS: calling ShowAudioPropertySheet in MMSYS.CPL

  • From: "Mathieu Routhier" <MRouthier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 11:39:28 -0400

Hi,

Here is a bug report directed at Microsoft.  I've searched msdn for a
place to report bugs but I haven't found any.  So please direct me to
the right place if there is one.

Here it goes.  In an application, I'm using the RunDLL32 entry point
ShowAudioPropertySheet exported by MMSYS.CPL.  It has been recommended
to us by MSDN developer tech support for displaying the audio control
panel.

This function behaves correctly and displays the control panel in most
circumstances.  However, if there is a window on the system that has the
name "Audio Properties", regardless of its nature, the function will
activate that window instead of displaying the control panel.  The
window can be a dialog box from an application, an opened folder with
the name "Audio Properties" or any other window with the same name.  It
looks like the function thinks the control panel is opened when it finds
a window with that name and it does not perform any additional checking.

The problem does not seem to apply to other RunDLL32 entry points of the
same DLL.

Thanks,

Mat